My Favourite films at Christmas | Laura Elizabeth xo

Saturday 24 December 2016

My Favourite films at Christmas





I love watching movies and I particularly love watching Christmas films, or ones that are appropriate for this time of year, especially when you want to get in the Christmas spirit. 

I have put together a list of my top three favourite films to watch at this time of year in the run up to Christmas! 

1) Elf 
Of course I had to include this film. For me, Christmas is not Christmas without watching this film, and until I have watched it, only then am I ready for the big day! This is a perfect mix of humour, family fun, warmth and spirit. Shot on location in New York this is such a brilliant film, with a perfect cast that really leaves you feeling magical and ready for Christmas. Will Ferrell plays a human raised by Elves who sets off to find his real Father and discovers that the true spirit of Christmas seems to be lost amongst society and modern times. 

2) Christmas with The Kranks 
 I don't understand how people don't know or seem to talk about this film as much. This is in my top three that I have to watch every year otherwise all is not right. This makes me laugh throughout and has a cute and emotional ending that really brings a smile to your face. This film was based on the book 'Skipping Christmas' by John Grisham, a couple plan to skip Christmas to take a cruise as their daughter will be away and this causes tension with their neighbours as Christmas is a real community affair. Their plans end up changing last minute when their daughter surprises them by returning home and they have to work together with their neighbours to save Christmas. This film also has an amazing cast; Tim Allen, Jamie Lee Curtis and Dan Aykroyd. 

3) Miracle on 34th Street (1994)
Starring Richard Attenborough as Santa, and Mara Wilson, the child actress from Matilda, this is the fourth remake of the original film. For me, Richard Attenborough is the Santa Claus, and this is a heart warming story of a little girl with a wish for a family and Kris Kringle on a mission to prove that Santa does exist. Kris is hired to be a department stores Santa Claus and with much success, this brings along rivals that decide to frame him and further results in a court case where the judge has to decide if Santa Claus is real. 


Have a very Merry Christmas everyone! 


No comments

Post a Comment

© Laura Elizabeth xo | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig