Make Up Academy Luxe - Powerbrow Shape and Highlight | Laura Elizabeth xo

Tuesday 17 March 2015

Make Up Academy Luxe - Powerbrow Shape and Highlight


I totally bought this product on a whim, with no previous research and after not reading any review or blog post prior to purchasing it. I didn't want to get my hopes up, 1) because its an eyebrow product and good ones are hard to find, 2) this make up range is fairly cheap and so it might not be as good as more expensive brands (although I know this isn't necessarily always the case) and 3) I have products from MUA which are perfectly good, but like I said, it's an eyebrow product! These products have to be good, and I've tried many that just haven't been all that great. 

However, I was really pleasantly surprised! Before using this product, my go to eyebrow product was, believe it or not, a powder palette from H&M which I used with the small angled brush that came with it, and this was my holy grail product for getting my eyebrows just right. Despite this, I fell in love with this product immediately and have been using it every day since. I find it works best for me when I use it light handedly - using a small amount of the product and building it up. I got mine in mid brown, and I believe there are only two other shades, 'fair' and 'dark brown' however I'm not 100% sure on that fact, there could be more, however these were the ones in stock when I was in Superdrug. 

The product has a small nib which twists upwards at the bottom to make more product available, and the other end has a highlighter which although is quite a pearly almost pink colour, which I wasn't too keen on at first, it compliments the brown colour beautifully. The only downfall I would say it has is the product can be easily smudged, so I would recommend using an eyebrow mascara or setter on top to keep the product in place. 






No comments

Post a Comment

© Laura Elizabeth xo | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig