January Favourites | Laura Elizabeth xo

Thursday 2 February 2017

January Favourites


I am so happy that it is the end of January, but as always, I can not fathom where the month has gone, or how it has flown by so quickly, but because it is January, I suppose this time I don't mind!

I have had a busy month so have not really tried out too many new products but I have been testing some I got for Christmas and I have been loving using them on a daily basis, thus why they have made it onto my list of January favourites. 

Alien - Thierry Mugler: This is a perfume that lasts throughout the day, not really changing in scent too much, and one that I can even smell on myself, which I find quite rare in perfumes! Made up of a blend of mandarin, moroccan jasmine and white amber, I think this perfume is unlike many others and maybe not suited to every age group but it is my current favourite and I highly recommend it. The bottle is pretty and elegant, as well as iconic, expected from the lovely range of perfumes from Thierry Mugler. Also, full marks to Thierry Mugler for creating refillable bottles!

Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Gloss -  Soap and Glory: Even though the shade of this looks like a soft pink in the tube it applies to the lips as a clear, slightly shimmery gloss, that you can feel working to add volume to your lips very quickly once applied. It has a micro circulation boosting extract to make your lips look and feel fuller. I have loved adding this on top of a lipstick and it has really made me enjoy wearing lip gloss again. 

Huge extreme lash mascara - Stila: Mascara is a difficult one for me, many of the popular mascaras loved by so many rarely work for me as I have such difficult lashes that just won't get on with so many mascaras. However, after using this, I immediately knew that it complimented and worked with my lashes so well due to it's amazing ability of doing exactly what it is advertised. It is non clumping, but gives my lashes lots of length and volume, and I really love how black the product is. I wear two coats because I love extreme lashes, but really, I do not actually need the extra coat as this does exactly what it says it does after only one application to my lashes. Slightly pricier than drug store brands, but for me, definitely worth it!

Radiance Reveal Concealer - Bourjois: I went out and bought this pretty soon after watching Zoella rave about it in one of her latest Youtube videos. She stated that it works so well for concealing under the eyes, a problem that I have a major issue with, and so anything that is recommend as working well to brighten this area, I am always more than happy to give it a go, and I am very glad I did. It blends out nicely under the eyes and it doesn't get eaten up by my skin like so many concealers do. Although it doesn't quite cover up the blue, dark circles under my eyes as well as my trusty Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless concealer, it does brighten considerably and makes a difference to the overall look of the base of my makeup. 

These products have helped to make me fabulous throughout the month of January, for which I am completely grateful! What products have you been loving this month?



No comments

Post a Comment

© Laura Elizabeth xo | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig