Great British Bake Off Vanilla Traybake | Laura Elizabeth xo

Friday 17 February 2017

Great British Bake Off Vanilla Traybake



Taken from the 2017 Great British Bake Off calendar is this sweet but easy recipe that I can take absolutely no credit for, but something I baked myself recently and wanted to share on my blog. Having only ever shared one other baking recipe on my blog before, which went down really well, I thought it would be a good idea to do another, and perhaps make recurring content. It may not look like anything special, or as presentable as the image on the calendar, but it is really tasty and fun to make and decorate, with a short bake time. 


Recipe

As stated, a tray bake tin of the above measurements in the image, is ideal for this recipe however I didn't have quite the right size but even though my tray bake was slightly smaller than the one in the recipe above, the bake still turned out fine. 



Preheat your oven to 180 degrees/ 160 fan/ 350F/ Gas 4, and grease and line your tin with butter and baking paper. 
To make the sponge, mix the butter, sugar, vanilla, eggs, milk and flour into a bowl and beat together, or alternatively use a food mixer. Beat until it looks smooth and light and all the butter is soft and well whisked into the mixture. Transfer the mixture into your tin, spreading it out to the sides and make sure it is even. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the top is a golden brown and check your cake is cooked by gently pressing the centre with your fingertips to see if it springs back. 



Leave your bake to cool and firm up in the tin and when cooled, remove the paper. Whilst it is cooling make the frosting by sifting icing sugar into a mixing bowl and add the butter, milk and vanilla extract. Beat or whisk until the frosting is smooth and light. 


Put your icing onto your bake and then it's time to decorate! the It is best to do this straight away before the icing firms up, I used these multi coloured stars from Tesco and some white piping icing. I then cut the bake into pieces before serving! 





How cute are the Joie Oink Oink utensils I got for Christmas from Wilkinsons?!
This really didn't last long in my household, which is a good sign! It was tasty and so easy and fun to make. If you give this a go please send me your pictures and let me know how you got on! 

Find me on social media: 







No comments

Post a Comment

© Laura Elizabeth xo | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig