Winter Essentials | Laura Elizabeth xo

Monday 25 January 2016

Winter Essentials





                        Essence 'Come Naturally', Mac 'Whirl', Revlon 'Black Cherry'


Soap and Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub


Cocoa Brown Tan - Mousse


Tangle Teezer


Simple Kind To Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser


Primark socks



I have a love/hate relationship with winter. I like wrapping up to stay warm, but I don't like being cold, and as I have dry skin anyway, the cold weather does not help. I have put together some products that I love to use in winter, and some that keep my skin glowing and healthy, to make me look less pale and ill!

A mauve, burgundy or brown shade lipstick are my absolute favourites to wear during the winter season. I have picked out my current top three and I love pairing these shades with a smoky eye or simply with just some eye-liner. The essence lipstick is more sheer than the other two, and has a glossier finish but still gives a subtle purple shade to the lips. Mac Whirl is the ever popular lipstick shade, and one of my top five from Mac. It is a rosy brown with a matte finish but is not drying at all but I ensure to moisturise my lips during the cold months to keep them hydrated and to make sure any matte lipstick sits nicely. Revlon 'Black Cherry' is a little more daring and definitely one that needs to be applied on moisturised lips and with a lip liner. It is a deep, vampy, burgundy wine shade that is pigmented and really makes a statement. 

This stuff smells incredible; lime, brown sugar and almond oil are just a few named ingredients within this product. I am a huge fan of Soap and Glory like many people are, and this was the first product of theirs I ever tried, and it is still one of my favourites. It removes dead and dry skin, and followed with a moisturiser, this leaves my skin silky smooth, great all year long, but perfect for winter! 


I have always been pale, and tried many fake tans but this one is one of the best ones I have ever tried. This gets to work quickly and depending on how long you leave it on before you wash off, you can take control of how dark you want your tan to be. Applied correctly it is not streaky and on moisturised skin it doesn't stick to any dry patches. I use this weekly during winter to give me a subtle, warm glow. 

I have long hair and always have, and during the winter months my hair needs all the care it can get. To be honest, it is fairly moisturised and it not really all that dry, but in winter I can feel and notice a difference in it and after being out in the rain, wind and cold my hair is harder to brush in a gentle manner. The tangle teezer hairbrush brushes out any tangles and knots gently and smoothly without doing any damage and so is definitely a winter essential of mine. I honestly don't know how I coped without it! 

As previously stated, I have dry skin and winter time is torture for my skin but I also like a light moisturiser that works well under my skin and last year I discovered that this worked perfectly for me. Simple is great for sensitive skin and has a wide range of products. 

Lastly, I really love wearing fluffly or thick socks in winter under a pair of boots to keep my feet warm and to create a cute look. Jeans, boots and long socks are usually my go to outfit, particularly for days when I am at University. Primark have a great collection. 

What are your winter essentials? 

Laura Elizabeth xo

No comments

Post a Comment

© Laura Elizabeth xo | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig