Models Own Festival Collection - Lipsticks and Polishes | Laura Elizabeth xo

Friday 7 August 2015

Models Own Festival Collection - Lipsticks and Polishes


Earlier in the year Models Own released a festival collection including polishes, lipsticks, face paint and colourful hairspray, perfect for the summer and for wearing to any of the festivals taking place around the country. 

Each lipstick is incredibly pigmented and long lasting with some having more of matte finish than others, and so it's important that your lips are moisturised and in top condition before applying them. The range consists of super bright, red, pink and orange shades, and so they are perfect for summer, or for applying to a minimal make up look at a festival. 

From left to right: 
Sunrise - A vibrant orange shade which can also be sheered out so its not so in your face. My favourite colour to wear in the summer and paired with a gorgeous glowing highlighter to the cheeks it's creates a beautiful summer goddess look. 
Daisy Chain - The most difficult shade to wear in my opinion as it's very light, and on my pale skin it completely washes me out! Despite that, after applying fake tan, and bronzing up my face I can get away with wearing this shade. The most matte out of them all, so make sure to moisturise!
Gone Glamping - The most intense pink in the collection, a slightly nicer formula than daisy chain as it is not quite as matte. This shade is a bright fuchsia pink with a blue undertone. 
Main Stage - This is a slightly darker bright pink, it reminds me of 'Girl About Town' by Mac. 
Headliner - This is a glossier finish, and a bit more sheer but still a bright red shade that I've enjoyed wearing with winged eyeliner. 

I've used each shade of these polishes on either my fingernails or my toenails and I have received compliments on every shade I've worn. They are bright, long lasting and you only really need one coat and you're ready to go! I also find that these polishes dry fairly quickly which is something I like in my nail polishes as I get bored easily waiting for them to dry! These glide on nicely, however they don't have the flat brush that many polishes are now using. 

From left to right: 
Blue Skies - This is a very rich, bright, cyan blue, when dry and after one/two coats you have the exact colour shown on the bottle. A fun summer colour. 
Pink Wellies - Is the perfect mix of a bright neon pink and barbie pink, it's very girly and I achieved perfectly painted nails with just one coat.
Colour Explosion - This polish looks great over every colour in the collection - it's a glitter topper. It has iridescent glitter and pastel matte glitters, and with this polish you will definitely need a few coats. 
Green Fields - This is a very grassy green, and I have never been a fan of green nails in the past but I loved wearing this colour! It is slightly more sheer than the others and so I used three coats. 
Purple Bandana - My personal favourite of the lot, it is a bright orchid shade and I achieved a perfect finish with just one coat. It is bright and stands out, and is like no other polish I own. 

Overall the festival range from Models Own is a great collection, I look forward to what they bring out next!

Laura Elizabeth xo 

No comments

Post a Comment

© Laura Elizabeth xo | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig