Bloggers Fashion Week Must Haves - Part Two | Laura Elizabeth xo

Sunday 20 March 2016

Bloggers Fashion Week Must Haves - Part Two






Paul Mitchell
Paul Mitchell not only produce quality professional hair care products but take pride in standing up against animal testing and are committed to caring for people and the planet, so I was very excited to receive this lovely lot of goodies to review for you guys as part of Bloggers Fashion Week!
Super Skinny Serum - This leaves my hair smooth, shiny and pretty much completely frizz free, and with a fruity but subtle scent my hair smells lovely after use. The product is very concentrated so I only use one small pump over my whole head, which is great as once purchasing this product it will last for so long! I apply this on damp hair after washing beginning at the ends and working up. 
Dry Wash - This is a waterless, dry shampoo to revive hair in-between washes, it left my hair feeling clean and with a clean scent that wasn't too overpowering. Dry shampoo is my best friend on days where my hair needs refreshing but I don't want to wash it just yet and this one is the best I have tried so far! It has a colourless formula which is perfect for darker hair colours and I found that this also adds a bit more texture and lift to my hair which is great for in between days. 
Extra Body Daily Shampoo and Daily Rinse - I found that these did exactly what they say they do - they gave my hair texture and a volume boost, but they only worked on my hair when I did not go to bed with my hair wet, which I do tend to do often. A small residue was left in my hair but it was super easy to style and that is not always easy to do with my long hair.
Hold Me Tight - This is very quickly becoming my favourite hairspray, it has just the right amount of hold but with no stickiness and no heaviness. I have quite long hair and when my friend used this she did not get the same result as I did when using it and she has much shorter hair than mine. I have only ever dried cheaper, drug store brands, which are great, but considering hairspray is a product I use daily, I would recommend trying out this high end product.
Leave In Conditioner - I applied a small amount to damp hair and combed it through, it is blue and feels like a water gel but don't let this put you off! It prevents dryness by applying moisture, a bit like serum but it does not make my hair greasy or oily and it prevents my hair from frizzing. 




Bravura
Bravura provide a free skincare advice service so you can make sure you are buying products that are suitalble to your skin type. When I received this cute package with the products inside along with the cute tote, I was immediately drawn to the colour, design and packaging of the products. They are in frosted glass bottles which is more environmentally friendly than the plastic ones they had before. As these products are acids it is important to read the instructions before use to avoid irritation. 
Revitalising Ginseng Toner - This is a revitalising toner and also can be used to lower the PH of your skin. It is important to use an acid toner after you cleanse to rebalance the PH levels of your skin without irritation. 
Glycolic Acid 10% - This can be quite a high percentage for those with sensitive skin, which I do have, so I was a little hesitant at first, but this left my skin smooth, clear and brighter. It works really well with the toner, reducing acne, and discolouration. It contains lavender to give the calming and soothing effect, and I found that this was perfect for my dry skin. 
First Cleanse Oil - This is really good at removing make up. I can be used alone or mixed with water to create a milky cleanser, it removes even the toughest mascara. This can also be used in the morning to wake up your skin and leave a nice glow. 
Chemical Peel Applicator Brush - Great for applying Bravura's acid products, it is made of Taklon a synthetic hair and the fan shape gives an even application. 



Batiste Stylist
Already up and reviewed on my blog (here), it is no surprise that these are part of bloggers fashion week must haves; there a number of different products in this range and having tried four of them I can confidently say that these are miracle workers and do exactly as they say on the tin. None of them feel heavy in the hair and the texturising spray makes it easy to style your hair just the want you want it, and the volume spray gives my hair a nice oomph!



Urban Veda
I have also recently reviewed another product from Urban Veda here and really enjoyed using it, so I was happy to see that another one of their products was a must have for bloggers fashion week. The soothing body scrub doesn't feel too rough or scratchy on the skin but still does a good job of removing dead and dry skin and as it is enriched with antioxidants and vitamins it fights dehydration and really leaves my skin feeling cleansed after use. I love the smell of this product it has a truly spa like scent. 





No comments

Post a Comment

© Laura Elizabeth xo | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig