Summer Beauty and Fashion Essentials - Collaboration with Katie | Laura Elizabeth xo

Sunday 21 June 2015

Summer Beauty and Fashion Essentials - Collaboration with Katie


I have done a collaboration with the lovely Katie over at http://katielou99.blogspot.co.uk/ on what our summer essentials are. 

I love Summer, and especially love the bright colours and patterns that come out during the summer months as it really puts a smile on my face and makes me feel happy. Usually because during the rest of the year I mainly wear monochrome or darker colours so it is nice to want to wear brighter colours, whether that be shown through my fashion items or my beauty picks. I thought I would give you the run down on my favourite items that are essential for summer. 


Sandals -  My first summer essential item is a pair of comfy sandals!  I bought these last summer from Primark and wore them a lot and decided to include them in this collaboration as they are just so comfy! I wore these to the beach, on shopping days out and even took them on holiday with me earlier in the year where I wore them on a few touristy days out. They are still in good condition so I look forward to wearing them again during the summer months. 

Statement Necklace | Silver Coin Necklace - A silver or gold statement necklace is perfect for summer and I especially love these coin necklaces. I think they look great at festivals and really bring an outfit alive. They are elegant and sophisticated looking making an outfit look effortlessly well put together. 

Glowy Skin - A good bronzer, blusher or highlighter that gives a lovely, healthy glow looks great in Summer. They are perfect for putting on over a light base product or on their own - I definitely prefer wearing less make up during the summer days if I can help it. I particularly love the Make Up Revolution Ultra Blush Palette in Golden Sugar

Moisturiser with SPF - A good moisturiser is important for healthy skin, and in the summer I like using one with an SPF to protect my skin from the sun when I choose to wear minimal make up or no make up at all. In the summer I also like to use a lighter foundation, and many I own do not have an SPF, and so I always make sure I use a moisturiser with SPF to make up for it. I particularly like the Garnier Moisture Match Protect and Glow (Superdrug/Boots) as it is a light lotion that smells lemony and fresh and contains light reflecting pearls to give a healthy looking glow to the skin. This one contains SPF 20. 

Bright Lipstick - A bright lipstick is great in the summer if you like to wear minimal make up on your skin. I like to wear peachy, coral or pink colours on my lips with only a basic eye make up look, and a light coverage on the skin. Barry M do a great range of bright, summer colour lipsticks. 

Pretty Nail Polish - I like to wear bright colours on my nails in the summer as well as I love a good pair of sandals and so it is important that my toes look pretty! I particularly love similar colours on my nails as the lipstick shades I wear. Peachy, corals and pinks look really lovely in the summer months. I also really like the pretty, shiny colours in the Aquarium collection from Barry M. 

BB Cream - As I like to wear less make up in the summer, I find a BB cream is a great alternative to a foundation. A really good one can provide enough coverage to cover up imperfections but also give the no make up make up look. I enjoy using ones without SPF and prefer to use a moisturiser with an SPF to protect my skin. The All-In-One BB Cream from The Body Shop is my perfect bb cream, it transforms on the skin to suit your skin tone, whilst providing hydration and light to medium coverage. 

Sunglasses - A good pair of sunglasses which actually do the job is essential for Summer. Even though I wear mine all year round, as it is brighter in the summer it is important to protect your eyes. These are from Primark and only cost me £2 so I was curious as to how well they would work, but they are great and really do keep my eyes protected. Also, they are super cute. 

These are my beauty and fashion summer essentials. Go and check out Katie's post here to find out what her essentials are. I'd love to know what yours are! 

Laura Elizabeth xo 

No comments

Post a Comment

© Laura Elizabeth xo | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig