My March Favourites | Laura Elizabeth xo

Monday 30 March 2015

My March Favourites



Jimmy Choo - Eau De Parfum 
I loveeeeee this perfume. The first thing I noticed about this perfume was that it smelt like no other perfume I currently, or had previously owned and that it really didn't remind me of any other perfume I have smelt or sampled before on a shopping trip; it's distinctive. It is by no means a new perfume, but it is already one that I know I would re-purchase in the future and it has definitely earned its place in my favourite perfumes after only owning it for a little over a month. The one thing that baffled me however was that a number of reviews I had read about this product criticised the staying power of it - stating that the original 'strong smell fades after an hour.' In my own experience I can definitely say that I strongly disagree with these reviews, and I can certainly vouch for this product as it is one of only five perfumes in my collection that lasts all day! After wearing it for many hours the smell is still strong on my skin at the end of the day, and sometimes if I don't put my shirt immediately in the wash I can still smell it the next day! Now you might say, 'well that's all good and well, but how much of the product do you actually spray?' and my reply would be very little -  a little does go a long way with this product! It's a sweet perfume, with fruity, musky, warm spice scents.The bottle and packaging is cute and it really looks beautiful on my vanity table. 

L'Oreal Paris - Skin Perfecting Advanced Correcting Serum
I bought this product at the beginning of March and I can already see a clear difference in my skin. It claims to hep correct and improve the appearance of skin quality and although my skin could still use some help, this product has definitely made a difference. It is aimed at people in their 20's and 30's and really does give my skin the boost it needs. It makes my skin feel satiny and smooth and you only need to use a few drops morning and evening either alone or before your moisturiser. It has a nice smell to it, the cream isn't too oily and the bottle is cute. 

                                                          

Sleek Blush - Rose Gold
Blusher never used to be a part of my daily make-up routine, I would usually opt for a contour and highlight or a good bronzer and rarely bother with blusher at all. However the past few months I have been really enjoying using a blusher to dust some light colour on my cheeks to give a healthy look to my skin. This product I have owned for a while now after reading many reviews that said it was a great dupe for the Nars 'Orgasm' blush but I just rediscovered it and have been using it nearly everyday during March. The gold pigments in this blush are very pigmented but overly glittery, and the colour transfers onto the skin nicely. It is considerably cheaper than the Nars blush so if you want a cheaper alternative I definitely recommend this. 


MUA - Power Brow Shape and Highlight
I have recently written a review of this product on my blog a few posts ago, so I won't go into too much detail - link: MUA Power Brow Review This product has a small nib for the brown colour and the end is a shimmery highlight - both are highly pigmented for such a cheap product and make it easy to define my eyebrows. 



Maybelline Color Drama Intense Velvet Lip Pencil - Nude Perfection

This is the first of four lip products in my favourites this month. The product is pretty much a dupe for Mac's 'Velvet Teddy' which is also in my March favourites however I find it has a different texture and finish on my lips than the Mac lipstick has. It dries my lips out slightly and doesn't give as nice a finish or smoothness to my lips, despite this the colour is lovely as well as the pigment lasting around two hours before it even slightly disappeared. There are nine colours in the range and for £4.99 they are good buy. 

Mac Matt Lipstick - Velvet Teddy 
Even though this is a matte finish lipstick in comparison to the Maybelline Lip Pencil this product does not leave my lips dry at all. I didn't really own a perfect nude colour until I bought this, and have found that this product looks different on different skin tones. It is a brown nude colour but not at all orangey and has great staying power.



MUA Velvet Lip Lacquers
I love the packaging of these, I think they look really high end despite them only being £3. I was slightly disappointed as they didn't completely transfer onto my lips  the same colour as they looked in the packaging or when swatched on my hand. However the colour's I picked out were still nice - 'Halycon' and 'Tranquility' and are highly pigmented. I have fairly thin lips and so applying these are quite difficult, but once they dry they sit nicely and have good staying power for the price of the product. 

Top - 'Halycon'
Bottom - 'Tranquility'

So these are the products I have been loving this month and will probably continue loving throughout April! What products have you been enjoying this month? Have you tried any of the products I have mentioned?

-Laura Elizabeth xo

No comments

Post a Comment

© Laura Elizabeth xo | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig